Jannik Michalzik

"To teach is to learn"

Standard 7

“Educators engage in professional learning.”

“Educators engage in professional learning and reflective practice to support their professional
growth. Educators recognize and meet their individual professional needs through various learning
opportunities. Educators develop and refine personal philosophies of education, teaching and
learning that are informed by research, practice and the Professional Standards for BC Educators.”

I imagine this standard as a continuous journey. It’s not a static destination but a dynamic process of evolution. I see it as a personal adventure, an exciting quest for knowledge, skills, and innovative practices.

In this journey, I embrace professional development opportunities with enthusiasm. Workshops, conferences, courses, and seminars are not just checkboxes on a list; they are opportunities to expand my horizons, gain fresh perspectives, and discover new teaching techniques. I’m not content with the status quo; I’m driven to explore, adapt, and innovate.

Professional development isn’t confined to formal events; it’s woven into the fabric of my daily life as an educator. It’s about seeking out the latest research in education, exploring emerging technologies, and engaging in reflective practices that refine my teaching. I understand that in an ever-evolving world, complacency is not an option.

Collaboration is a key element of my commitment to professional growth. I value the insights and experiences of my colleagues. Sharing ideas, successes, and challenges fosters a collective spirit of improvement. We inspire each other to reach new heights, constantly raising the bar for our profession.